Members of BakerHostetler’s Antitrust and Competition team will present a webinar on February 26, 2014 which takes an in-depth look at FTC investigations and challenges of hospital and physician transactions.
The topics will include:
- Insights from a former FTC Commissioner involved in nearly 30 healthcare enforcement actions while at the Commission
- Latest statistics on FTC investigations of, and challenges to, hospital transactions
- Factors that may trigger an investigation by the FTC
- What may bring about a direct challenge from the FTC
- Steps and strategies healthcare providers can employ when contemplating a transaction to minimize the likelihood of an FTC investigation or challenge
The webinar will be moderated by Christopher J. Swift, a Co-Leader of BakerHostetler’s Healthcare Industry Team. The speakers will include Pamela Jones Harbour, a former FTC Commissioner and current BakerHostetler Partner and Co-Leader of the Firm’s Privacy and Data Protection team, and Gregory L. Baker, Jonathan L. Lewis, and Lee H. Simowitz, BakerHostetler Partners and members of the Firm’s Antitrust and Competition team in Washington, D.C.